Community & Environment
We are committed to supplying to local markets and contributing to meeting our community’s needs.
- Minimising any environmental or social impact from our current or future activities through the use of integrated environmental management procedures and consideration of sustainable development in land use planning.
- Ongoing consultation with our community and key stakeholders.
- Enhancing biodiversity and ensuring the viability of regional ecological corridors for future generations.
- Maintaining compliance with environmental legislation relevant to our operations and meeting the requirements of any specific national, state or regional regulations.
- The assessment and consideration of ecological values and land-use aspects in investment and operational activities.
- Regularly reviewing our environmental management plans and monitoring programs to assist in our continuous improvement in environmental performance.
- Reviewing and implementing any new technologies, where appropriate, that will assist in waste minimisation, water efficiency, pollution prevention and greenhouse gas and energy reduction.
- Encouraging meaningful initiatives from those involved in our efforts to achieve environmental excellence.
- Researching and implementing the most suitable rehabilitation practices to ensure that the land is returned to a condition that is equal to or better than before work commenced.
We acknowledge that consideration of our community and the environment is critical to our business and we will continue to develop and deliver environmental awareness training to our employees and contractors.
We will regularly review our environmental policy and continue to develop, implement and maintain our environmental management system to ensure continuous improvement and ultimately best practice community and environmental management.
Wild Quarries &Civil Environment and Community Manager together with Wild Quarries & Civil Senior Management are responsible for the implementation of this policy. This policy will be communicated to all employees.
Pollution Incident Response Management Plan
The Wild Quarry operates an approved quarry site, located 8440 New England Highway Muswellbrook NSW. In the event that a pollution incident occurs where actual or potential material harm to the environment is caused or threatened, the following external bodies will be contacted by the nominated site representative, in this order.
|Environmental Incidents||Environment Manager or Quarry Project Manager only to contact Departments listed below following immediate consultation with site Supervisory staff|
|EPA 131555||131 555||EPA Head Office|
PO Box A290
Sydney South, NSW 1232.
|Council (LGA) Muswellbrook||Muswellbrook|
02 6549 3700
|Maitland Road Muswellbrook|
New South Wales 2333
|Ministry of Health|
|02 4924 6477||(Diverts to John Hunter Hospital)|
– ask for Public Health Officer on call
|1300 814 609|
(02 4931 6666)
|516 High Street|
Maitland NSW 2320
|WorkCover||131 050||(Diverts to Toronto Office Duty Officer)|
|Fire & Rescue NSW||000|
Wild Quarries has determined that in the event of an emergency which has the potential to affect the neighbouring residences, communication to such shall occur via a phone call or directly via a doorknock by the Quarry Project Manager. The following is a list of neighbours immediately adjacent to the Wild Quarry site and is provided to assist in the effective communication of issues which extend past the site boundary.
- Raylain New England Highway Muswellbrook NSW 2333
- Bluesprings Grasstree Ridge ROW Muswellbrook NSW 2333
- Blue Ridge Grasstree ROW Muswellbrook NSW 2333
- Lot 5 Antienne Estate Muswellbrook NSW 2333
- Lot 50 Jumira Davis ROW Muswellbrook NSW 2333
- Lot 20 Balmoral Road Muswellbrook NSW 2333
- Macquarie Generation Muswellbrook NSW 2333
- Green Nobby Muswellbrook NSW 2333
- Kupunda Antienne Road Muswellbrook NSW 2333
- King Davis ROW Muswellbrook NSW 2333
- 28 Maitland Street Muswellbrook NSW 2333